Production, Engineering, and Application
Hildegard Büning, PhD
Hannover Medical School
Lentiviral vectors have emerged as potent gene transfer tools in research and in human clinical trials. Despite this success, the vector system itself, but also its production, is a subject of continuous improvement. In addition, with improved vector systems or transfer protocols, novel strategies for the treatment of inherited and acquired diseases have become possible.
This special issue of Human Gene Therapy Methods will focus on providing in-depth insight into the current state-of-the art and reporting on novel protocols in lentiviral production and processing. Furthermore, strategies on improving this promising vector system and/or on its application will be presented.
Protocols as well as original and review articles are sought in the following general categories:
- Vector production methods—both lab-scale and large-scale
- Concentration and purification
- Characterization of vector preparation, including vector quantification and quality control (QC) assays
- Improving transduction efficiency and vector safety
- Pre-clinical and clinical application
Deadline for manuscript submission: May 10, 2017