Special Issue on Advances and Challenges in Algae-based Products and Applications
Adelheid Kuehnle, PhD
CEO/Co-Founder, Kuehnle AgroSystems
and Co-Editor-in-Chief, Industrial Biotechnology
Manuscript Submission Deadline: April 1, 2017
From infancy on, microalgae and macroalgae impact humans worldwide, daily, and in many different ways. This issue aims to span existing and upcoming algal products and applications with real-world benefits. Scientific communications might address development of food ingredients, progressive aquaculture and animal husbandry, specialty and bulk chemicals preferentially sourced from photosynthetic microbes, bioenergy, biobased colorants and fluorophores, STEM teaching, valorization of industrial process residuals in biorefineries, or bioremediation and managing waste streams such as from municipalities.
Industrial Biotechnology invites you to submit original scientific papers in the form of Reviews, Original Research, Short Communications, or Methods for publication in a special issue on algae-based industrial biotechnology R&D and commercial applications, slated to publish in print and online October 2017.
Topics to be considered include:
- Process models and techno-economic assessments
- Human health, nutrition, personal care
- Environmental applications
- Aquaculture, animal and pet health and nutrition
- Methods, analytics, teaching aids
- Specialty and bulk chemicals
Benefits of publishing include:
- Rapid, high-quality peer review
- Open Access options available
- Fast and user-friendly electronic submission
- Maximum exposure: accessible in 170 countries worldwide
Please visit the Industrial Biotechnology website for manuscript submission guidelines. We look forward to receiving your manuscripts and to your active participation in the Journal!