Drug Repurposing, Rescue, and Repositioning (DRRR) is a newly developed and dedicated section that will be featured bi-annually in the well-established and MEDLINE indexed journal ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies. These special peer-reviewed collection of papers present techniques and tools for finding new uses for approved drugs – particularly for disorders where no animal model, physiologic abnormality, biochemical pathway, or molecular target has been identified.
This authoritative, rapidly peer-reviewed special section will feature original papers, application-oriented technology reviews, and reports in methodology and technology application including:
- Interpreting assay outputs to enable alternate drug target identification
- Pathway analysis and bioinformatics to identify and exploit drug promiscuity
- In silico technologies to identify alternate drug targets
- "Big Data" mining and side effect pattern analysis in clinical and healthcare repositories
- Drug repurposing towards neglected and orphan diseases
- Drug reformulation and alternative routes of administration
The DRRR section is under the leadership of Dr. Hermann Mucke, Hermann Mucke Pharma Consultancy e.U.
The views, opinions, findings, conclusions and recommendations set forth in any Journal article are solely those of the authors of those articles and do not necessarily reflect the views, policy or position of the Journal, its Publisher, its editorial staff or any affiliated Societies and should not be attributed to any of them.