BIG DATA Open Access Policy
Big Data is the first and only peer-reviewed journal to connect industry, academia, and government, to better serve a world where the pace from research to implementation is ever accelerating.
Why publish in Big Data?
- Instant, open access upon publication of original research articles
- Author fees are waived through sponsored funding resources
- Rigorous editorial and peer-review process
- Immediately included in all major indices
- Authors retain copyright to original research articles through Creative Commons License
- Expert marketing and publicity opportunities
- Global visibility in over 140 countries-readers, citations, downloads
- Automatic enrollment in AuthorCite™. Forthcoming in 2013, AuthorCite™ will provide a platform for authors to broaden their influence within the scientific community. Benefits include a custom url, personalized microsite, networking opportunities, and more.
To ensure the broadest and most timely dissemination of information, Big Data publishes all original peer-reviewed research articles as open access. This policy allows all published original research articles to be available free online to the entire global research community, immediately and without embargo.
Upon acceptance, original research articles are posted on all major indices such as PubMed Central, with no embargo, no open access fees, and no article processing fees.
Online, original peer-reviewed research articles are governed by the Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 License, where by authors retain copyright of their work. Under this license authors allow anyone to share, copy, distribute, and transmit the work, with the exclusion of commercial use, so long as the original authors and source are cited. No permission is required from the authors or the publishers.
Access to the Journal's premium content, in print and online, is available through subscription access and includes value-added editorials, round-table discussions, industry coverage, review articles, and archival content as developed.
Publishing in Big Data ensures that your valuable research will receive the visibility and exposure necessary to impact this emerging field and further influence the data enabled world.
For manuscript submission guidelines and further information about the Journal, visit the Big Data website. We look forward to receiving your manuscripts and to your active participation in the Journal.
Questions? Contact us.