Alternative and Complementary Therapies provides the most authoritative, evidence-based, and practical information for integrating alternative therapies and approaches into private practice or hospital integrative medicine programs. The Journal offers the latest research and top thinking in Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) as it relates to key areas such as the prevention and treatment of chronic illness, mind/body approaches to disease management, and clinical applications of CAM therapies.
Alternative and Complementary Therapies coverage includes:
- Integrative approaches for preventing and treating chronic illness
- Herbal alternatives to prescription drugs
- Nutraceuticals and their applications in clinical care
- Food as medicine
- The biochemistry of natural medicine
- Practical approaches to creating and expanding a holistic practice
- Legal matters
- Medical literature review
- Clinical applications of CAM therapies
- Mind-body approaches to disease management
Alternative and Complementary Therapies is under the editorial leadership of Clinical Editor Robert Rountree, MD and other leading investigators. View the entire editorial board.
Audience: Holistic nurses and health practioners, alternative medicine specialists, acupuncture/acupressure practioners, massage therapists, and schools of Oriental medicine, among others
This journal is a Member Benefit of the Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine
The views, opinions, findings, conclusions and recommendations set forth in any Journal article are solely those of the authors of those articles and do not necessarily reflect the views, policy or position of the Journal, its Publisher, its editorial staff or any affiliated Societies and should not be attributed to any of them.